So there I was, with this finished piece of work I had spent most of my adult life creating. I was fat, pale, and alone, but I was finished (and my girlfriend was still there).
Now that it was done I realized I was facing the really hard part, getting it out there... although making the book was pretty hard and long, and a lot had changed since I first started. Here is a list of things that happened while I was making Clarence:
1. Facebook is launched, YouTube is launched, Twitter is launched
2. U.S. War in Iraq goes from "Mission Accomplished" to "Mission Get-Out-ASAP-What-Were-We-Thinking"
3. USB flash drives replace floppy disks
4. VHS is replaced by DVD. DVD starts to be phased out by Blu-ray. CDs are mostly replaced by MP3s.
5. Two Presidential elections (three if you count this one coming in November)
6. BP oil catastrophe leaked and "plugged"
7. My sister births two babies
8. Pluto is no longer a planet
9. Apple debuts its newfangled "iPhone" and then debuts five more versions of it
Another thing that happened was the invention of Kickstarter, a site that I was drawn to from the get go and slowly realized would be a perfect outlet to spread Clarence and The Spoon to the masses. So finally, here it is! Spread the word, tweet it, blog it, post it on Facebook, or pre-order your copy today! Read it to your chill'ens.
Thanks again to everyone over the years who has given me feedback and support. We'll see where the story goes from here!